Saturday, January 31, 2015

Dear Sister Savannah Stone,

If you know me, you probably know I love surprises and mail. So when you give me a much anticipated, huge envelope with a surprise about where I will be spending eighteen months of my life, you will know that THIS WAS A BIG DEAL. At the time I received my call I was up in Logan attending Utah State University and couldn't make it home until the weekend (struggles of not having a car). That Saturday, January 31, 2015 I stood in my living room and with a shaky voice I called everyone to attention. I bore a short testimony and then struggled to open the envelope. In the midst of family, friends, roommates, and an embarrassing amount of tears, I read the following: Dear Sister Savannah Stone, You are hereby called to serve as a missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. you are assigned to labor in the PERÚ, LIMA NORTH MISSION.It is anticipated that you will serve for a period of 18 months. You should report to the Perú Missionary Training Center on Tuesday, June 2, 2015. You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Spanish language. Even before I opened the call, I knew 100% that wherever I was sent would be exactly where the Lord needs me. I admit that I am scared to death to speak Spanish (you all should be a little scared too with how little I know after 3 years in high school Spanish and a semester in college!) I'm a little nervous to be so far away from my family and comfort zone. I'm also concerned that the Peruvians seem to eat EVERY part of the animal... But despite all of this, I am so thrilled. I know that The Lord will consecrate my efforts. I know that He knows and loves me. I know that it will be hard but He will be with me every step of the way. I can't think of a better mission for me and I can't think of anything else I would rather do with my life at this time than prepare to be a representative of my Savior and Redeemer, Jesus Christ, for 18 months and on for the rest of my life. ¡Deséame suerte! Hermana Stone

No comments:

Post a Comment