Monday, October 26, 2015

Princesses with Pass Along Cards!



Familia! 

Wow the new Provo City Center temple looks so beautiful!! It was also fun to see the picture of Elder Miranda at his homecoming! Your week sounded like a lot of fun and I'm glad that dad is doing laundry haha it's good for him. As you know, we live with the laundry people. I shouldn't say "laundry people" because really they're like my family here! But usually help them do the laundry for servicio every Wednesday.  Imagine washing, drying, ironing, folding, and delivering the dirty laundry of over 150 elders and hermanas? It's actually really fun. Also Yuri y Yuyi (who we live with) made us special laundry bags with our names on them! We all gather around working and talking and singing (church songs of course). 

For this last P day we met up with zona Santa Isabel again! It almost feels like I wasn't transferred because I get to see all of my friends pretty frequently! All of the Mexican missionaries prepared guacamole, Aji, and tacos for everyone and IT WAS SO DELICIOUS. It was also fun to just sit around and talk with everyone and of course enjoy mexican food and Coke. I like that now  haha. This week we ate cow stomach and chicken heart soup. I am becoming more clever to say the least! 

This week in our reunion de zona (we have zone meeting and district meeting every Tuesday) we talked about the story in the Bible about the people selling things around the temple and how they knew what they were doing was wrong. We related it to how we, as representatives of Jesus Christ, have the authority to tell these people that they are sinning. This part of being a missionary is a little bit hard. I like telling people all of the hope and good stuff but it is a little hard sometimes to tell someone that yes, drinking is bad. That yes, you need to get married or else you're breaking the law of chastity. That yes, the Sabbath day needs to be observed as a commandment of God. The point is, God has sent us not only to declare the good news, but to use a voice of a trumpet to declare repentance! I am working on the whole "voz de trumpeta" thing because sometimes I feel dumb as a twenty year old gringa telling people how to live their life but then I realized that it's not me at all, but God. I had several experiences this week where I felt like an instrument in His hands. I could see these people as He sees them, desire for them what He desires of them, and tell them what He would say. I felt the spirit testify to me that God can't decend to reprimand His children in order to help them to take the steps necessary to return to Him, and for this, He sends missionaries (or church leaders, parents, friends). Be the instrument He wants you to be. 

This week we had a pair of Jehovah's Witnesses knock our door. We answered (without our name tags) and listened to their spill. They thought that we were living together and pulled out their bible telling us that marriage is between a man and woman and that we're in pecado. We politely explained to them that we agree, are missionaries of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, and when asked if we study the bible, we explained the function of the Bible junto with the Book of Mormon to contain the fullness of the gospel. I wish you could've seen their face when I tried to offer them a Book of Mormon! This week was also a huge festival for El Señor de los Milagros for the Catholic church. Everyone was wearing their purple clothing and it made contacting a little hard but it was interesting to see everyone with their clothing, santos, and traditions. And all of the decorations were really beautiful. I don't have much time but I love you guys and am excited to open your package!

Love always,

Hermana Stone

They asked for our autograph because we looked like princesses. We wrote our names on a passalong card haha

All of the Mexicans from zona San Felipe and zona Santa Isabel cooking tacos for our two zones, over 50 people. I have never eaten a better taco (heart eye emoji)

This week there was a HUGE festival for Senor de los milagros. IT was a little hard to contact

parque enfrente de nuestro casa



No comments:

Post a Comment