Monday, April 18, 2016

April 18th, 2016

Hola Familia!


I loved seeing the pictures of the homemade cookies- that was always a Sunday tradition that I loved! In fact, this last P day we taught all of the Latinos how to make oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. They were all amazed and needless to say, we only made it to baking half of the dough because everyone ate the rest of it! 

This week was really good, it flew by. We are working hard and finding lots of people to teach. One of my favorite memories this week was sitting outside teaching a family and a few of their neighbors about the restoration. We finished the lesson and called all of the kids playing in the street to come and join us for the closing prayer. They all sat down in a huge circle, probably about 15 people including my companion and I, and we taught them all how to fold their arms, close their eyes, and talk with God. It was really special. Another of my favorite memories this week was when Hermana Antúnez and I acted out Mormon dying and giving the plates to Moroni and Moroni later appearing to Joseph Smith to reveal where the plates were hidden. It was necessary because you've just got to adapt the teaching to the understanding of the person! We all ended up laughing but by the end, the woman understood where El Libro de Mormon comes from! We had our last interviews with President Erickson this week too. The next time we have interviews, it will be to get to know our new President! I have learned SO much from Presidente Erickson and will miss him a lot. We are facing a lot of different problems to help our investigators progress, but with patience and a lot of prayer, I know that things will get better. 

Delaney looks so beautiful for the wedding! Give her a big hug for me. Thanks for everything,

Hermana Stone

    



Alex as a Missionary
Look Familiar??? >>>



My sunrise this morning
Making Cookies!


No comments:

Post a Comment