Monday, April 11, 2016

To BE is different than to DO

Familia!!

It's always so good to hear from you guys. This week FLEW by. I know that missionaries always say that but it's so true, and so weird. You asked if my Spanish is fluent now. I would like to say yes- but sometimes when they talk super fast and don't pronunciate clearly I have to just smile still and agree to whatever they're saying. haha I guess not a lot changes :) I shared with you guys a little bit last week about how the woman who we were going to baptize this week moved away at the last second for a disease recently discovered in her spine. We were heartbroken, I loved her like a grandma. I have come to see her grow so much and to find the Savior. She had attended several different churches but never was baptized because she always felt like something was missing. I know that she will still be baptized, it just might take a while for her to recover, and come back home. While we were praying and fasting to find more people that we can teach and that will progress, a woman came up to me in General Conference (We all watch it in the Stake Center). She told me that she was recently baptized in Huanaco- a provincia en Peru- and that she wants us to teach her husband. We went Monday to her house and taught them together. He is great and accepted a baptismal date, we just need to work with him in a few things before he can be baptized. There was a quote by President Packer that said "God is not a stranger to His servants" I know that this is true. 

This week we were able to build a roof! I got to go to lunch with Hermana Haro and Hermana Eliason (Haro was my second companion and Eliason was my companion in the CCM!) It was so fun to catch up and talk. I got the package of pictures and letters and the new paintings by Sadie are hung on my wall. Tell her thank you from me! Yesterday there was the elections for the new president. There was a TON of people in the streets but it made for good contacting. I also loved the quote by President Monson "May we ever choose the harder right, instead of the easier wrong" and thinking about the importance of not only our decisions, but our PLANS. The decisions affect the plan, but if we have no plan, the decisions don't matter much. We need to not only plan on what career we study, where we go, and in what we work in, but WHO we are, HOW we will treat others, or react to situations. SER ES DIFERENTE DE HACER. To BE is different than to DO. I hope that we can each have goals, and a plan on who we want to be. And remember the calling from our Lord and Savior: "Be thou perfect" I hope that we can look to the Savior and be perfected in Him. Until next time folks,


Hermana Stone
With Hermanas Eliason and Haro

Ok, I never said we constructed the roof "well"


My "daughter" is cute (and the food is GOOD)

My turtle Pablo found a friend

Found some chicks (And Elder Alder found a conch shell)

No comments:

Post a Comment