Monday, June 20, 2016

Go Find Them!!

Familia!!

I can't believe it's been another week already. Thanks for all of the updates, I'm jealous of the cinnamon rolls! I haven't seen one of those in a year. But speaking of other things that I hadn't seen for a long time- this week I was able to play the violin!! I honestly didn't think I would miss it as much as I did. The hermana brought it out and we tuned it up and I played hymns. I couldn't remember any other songs! It was fun- they want me to play in Sacrament meeting this week BUT... I have transfers tomorrow. I am headed to Tahuatinsuyo (it is pretty close to Comas where I'm at now- well basically everything is pretty close to where I am now because our mission is tiny!) I will be with a Hermana from Equador, I'll tell you more about her next week after I, you know... meet her. haha I am sad to leave my area here in Belaunde, I have met so many good people and we are teaching a lot of great people. I also love the members and feel like I have really gotten to know and be trusted by the leaders of the ward and the bishop. But there are good people everywhere, and I am excited for a change. I heard that my new area is small though. Looks like I won't be losing any weight now haha I have learned a lot from Hermana Antúnez and she will do great here with her new companion. This week has been a lot better than the last, and we also have food again (well at least chocolate oreos and avocado).

The experience that I wanted to share with you all this week was something that the Elder Montoya (or Elder Mestra- spelling??) from the seventy shared. We had a special stake conference yesterday to call a new stake presidency and these two Elders from the seventy came. They talked a lot about the importance of Rescuing people who have fallen away from the church or who haven't come to know, or fully accept it yet. He spoke a lot about the conference talk entitled "To the Rescue: We Can Do It!" from this last General Conference in April 2016. (https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2016/04/to-the-rescue-we-can-do-it?lang=eng) but one part that really struck me was when he shared a short story that we have all heard that is found in John 5:3-9. It speaks of a sick man who had been laying by the side of the Pool of Bethesda for 38 years waiting for someone to help him. In verse 7 he tells Christ: "Sir, I have no man to put me in the pool." But I like how it reads in Spanish better- dice: Señor, no tengo nadie. Lord, I don't have anyone. There are so many people who are waiting for US to be God's hands here on earth. Some have been waiting 38 years! But we shouldn't wait that long. I know that He will go before our face. He will be on our right hand and on our left hand. That His Spirit will be in our Hearts and His angels round about us to bear us up. (DyC 84:85)  Go find them!! 

Love always,
Savannah

Told you we had food...hola 10 kilos



Stake conference

Las hermanas de la zona comas

My district- Elder Schaeffer (Lehi) Elder Saenz (Equador) and Hermana Antunez and I

In honor of AJ's picture this week



Go find them!

No comments:

Post a Comment