Monday, October 24, 2016

Adventurous Week!

Familia!


Wow this week was something else. It was so crazy busy and full of adventure and spiritual experiences that it will be hard to put it all into a letter haha! So I guess I'll just give you the highlights. First of all this week we have been looking for a ton of new people because the people that we have right now just aren't progressing like we'd like them to. Looking for nuevos is always fun. You meet every kind of people. We talked to a family that was put in a mental hospital for the devils that possessed their bodies, my companion almost got smacked by a broom (style mulan) by an old woman acting out how she dealt with her son when he came home drunk. We also met a completely racist man who wouldn't even let us finish because he thinks that we're trying to take over the world or something. 

We also had some other interesting experiences. One of our sisters under our care got appendicitis and had to be operated. We visited her, found members to bring them food, to go on divisions for the night so her companion could come sleep at our house and to work with us. We also had a special capacitaciĆ³n with Elder Godoy from the Seventy. It was so so so special. He shared his personal conversion story and in one part (while describing the first missionary lessons he received) he recited the first vision in Portugese, his native tongue. I didn't understand a word of what he said, but with the Spirit, and also following along reciting it in my mind in Spanish, it was one of the strongest spiritual experiences I have ever had in my whole life. We also had a meeting afterwards with the zone leaders and hermana capacitadoras with him and Presidente. It was something I will never forget. Finally, this week my companion and I also went to the temple. We worked on Monday to be able to goon Friday. It was so beautiful and a good happy birthday and goodbye with Hermana Llerena :,) 

Finally, one of the funniest experiences I had was waiting outside of the door for an investigator to come out. We were standing there talking when all of the sudden we see a big ball of fur running down the stairs to trample us. Little did we know, IT WAS A SHEEP! It scared the crap out of me and we both died laughing. We've also been drinking boiled water all week because we finished all of our big bottles, it's like camping :-) It was a good week! I hope you guys have a good one too!! 

Love always,
Hermana Stone



con hermana salguero y hermana workman






No comments:

Post a Comment