Monday, March 7, 2016

REAL Happiness

Hola familia! 


A su! Sorry I've been so boring in my emails lately... The funny stories are still happening (yesterday one of our converts gave Hermana Magne and I books to answer teenage questions that is put out by Jehovah's Witnesses... We did read part of it to see how much apostasy it contained and then had to teach him again that although it's okay to read other stuff, be sure to look for answers in the right places!!) 

You guys look great and it's fun to see chickens that are ALIVE. I thought by now I would beable to get used to the smell of dead chickens everytime we walk through a mercado but I still hold my breath and avert my eyes to avoid feeling woozy. This week was really good. I started reading the Book of Mormon again (for the fourth time ya (already) in the mission) and started with a blank copy that we usually give to people. This time I am doing the challenge that Elder Bednar (I think) gave to only mark the names of God and Christ, and their attributes. It is amazing to see how when your focus changes, different things stick out. Also how many times it really talks about him, I know that the Book of Mormon really is another testament of Christ! 

Some highlights from the week was teaching an athiest (it's harder than you'd think, but he is letting us come back for another visit!), going to breakfast with Yuri, eating good food and hearing good music at Chili's with the zone, seeing more perros peruanos (wild Peruvian dogs), and teaching a lot. Not to mention my nine month mark and a small earthquake we felt this week that caused all the lights to go out for a few hours in the night. I ate all of the food in my emergency backpack but looks like today we'll have time to go buy a few new things :) Another funny experience was that we were on a bus and the woman sitting next to me was reading a book called "Matrimonio para la vida"  or "Marriage for Life". I turned to her and gave her a pamphlet about the Plan of Salvation and said that with this message she can learn how to have marriage for the eternities! I just bore my testimony that I know my family will be together forever and watched as she just sat there like she felt a little uncomfortable. I always have hope that these little things will pay off someday haha.  Marisol wasn't baptized this weekend. There was a problem with a family member and the date has been postponed until this Saturday! You also wanted to know a scripture that stood out to me this week and from what I can remember, because there's a lot of good ones, is one found in 3 Nefi 27:11 that reads in part "verily I say unto you they have joy in their works for a season, and by and by the end cometh, and they are hewn down and cast into the fire, from whence there is no return" It got me thinking about how we have this gospel of happiness, but the people think that they are happy now, and have no need for something greater. This applies to everyone, member or non member. We might feel fine going to church every week despite the fact that we aren't paying a full tithe. We might be "happy" doing something that is against the voluntad de Dios (will of God) for a time, but with the promise that that happiness won't last. I know that the reason God gives us commandments is because He loves us and wants us to enjoy REAL happiness, and wickedness never was happiness. I hope you guys have a good week! 

Love always,

Hermana Stone

(unfortunately) the closeset I'll get to Macchu Picchu

We always have combi pictures

Perros Peruanos, they look like hyenas

9 months!! haha


No comments:

Post a Comment